Tuesday, September 28, 2010

just a few random things...

I'm moving into my new home this morning! I'll be living with a young mom, Erica, and her two precious daughters....Simile is 5 and Halo-Zoe is 2. SO.CUTE! I have my own room with 2 extra beds - COME VISIT!! (Mom, Kelly...book your flights :) ) and a little kitchen/sitting area. Its not far from the base and I can see the lake and the mountains from my room. I'm pumped to get my things settled in and stop living out of a suitcase, although I'll miss life at the base and living like royalty in hospitality :)

Did I mention how we have to push the car everywhere? Besides Mr. Elmore letting me and Katie drive his old Jeep when we were 15, I have NO clue how to drive a manual...but I DO know that if it's an old one, you have to push it. ALOT. I've pushed this car up and down hills, in gas stations and communities...its really funny. It'll definitely keep me in shape!

There is a couple here from Texas who loves football, so Sunday we spent the day trash talking (and finally agreeing that neither of us like Oklahoma, but we like what they did to FSU). They decided that Tebow and I should probably just go ahead and get married since we both love Jesus and football and missions...maybe those word prophetic words. :)

Yesterday I got to watch some middle schoolers practicing for the national rhythmic gymnastics competition in Jo-burg this weekend. It was AWESOME! They were SO good, and so sweet. They said I can come to practice any time I want....not that I have much to add, but I'll definitely be taking them up on that offer! We watched some staff demos and PK routines last night so Fola, Julius, and Hannah could get a better understanding of what I do....they were quite impressed. Although after I showed them the picture of me stunting with Shrek, they thought I was always a flyer!

Okay, I suppose thats all for now. Love you miss you and prepare your hearts for some skyping, soon!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great Posts Sara!!
    I traveled West Africa while in the Marines in 82 & 84....what an experience. Our family is very proud of you. Love Uncle Charley

    ReplyDelete