Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am blessed!

I realized I hadn't talked much about what I've actually been up to recently, so here's just a glimpse of how I get to spend my days:

- I'm in Worcester Primary School from 7:10am-1:30am every day, usually with grade 7.5 but sometimes filling in in grade 6 or grade 5 classrooms. The "form the corn, form form the corn" song is quite a hit.

- I've taught cheerleading in three different places so far...to the rhythmic gymnasts of Elite Gymnastics at WPS, to the grade 7 leaders of the Blue house for Worcester-Oos (Oos = East) Primary, and in the community to basically whoever wants to learn. I definitely did not think cheerleading would be a skill I used in Africa, and while I'm missing my Tiger ambush each time I teach I really LOVE getting to spend this time with the kids!

- On Thursdays (and some other days) we head into the community and have praise and worship, Bible teaching, and food distribution. The kids are so willing to teach me Afrikaans and so patient when I can't say anything right. They demonstrate the Acts church idea in such a real way by making sure that the littlest ones are cared for and they share everything. They are always waiting with open arms to be thrown in the air and hugged and kissed. My heart has been captured by the beautiful children there...pictures and words will never do justice to what God is doing in that place, in my heart, and through those beautiful, beautiful kids. I LOVE THEM and I can't imagine leaving them!

- I've gotten to pray with patients and parents in the children's ward of the hospital, which has been really powerful and a sweet time of communion with Jesus.

- On Tuesday mornings we get to lead Bible studies in WPS. Yes, we get to preach the Word FREELY in school! This is an awesome chance to share truth and my heart with the kids, and their worship is so refreshing. There is nothing like African harmony, that is for sure!

- I live with the two cutest girls in South Africa, I'm pretty sure. Simile and Halo are so precious and they can always make me laugh! Simile tells everyone that we're best friends...it's true. She loves looking at my pictures and naming all of my friends and family. I love the sweet time we get to spend together.

- I've also gotten to spend time traveling in the Western Cape, which has been so great! We have been to Cape Town, Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope, Hermanus, Muizenberg/Fish Hoek, Wellington/Stellenbosch, and I'm sure more places that I'm forgetting. This really is SUCH a beautiful country!

I know I'm leaving things out, but I just want to give you a glimpse of what God is doing here. THANK YOU for your prayers and support, without you this would NOT be possible! I cannot express my gratitude for all of the love and encouragement you guys have been pouring into me...through emails, letters, packages, and prayers! You are AWESOME and you are such a huge part of what God is doing here in my heart and in the lives of others. The Kingdom that we are building is unshakeable...praise God! (Heb 12:28) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. Eph 4:15-16


2 comments:

  1. I love yoouuuuuuuu. Even though your able to skype w the whole world but me :) praise God for bringing His name glory!!!!

    ReplyDelete