Sunday, October 10, 2010

put on the full armor!

Oh, what to say! My first full week in school was wonderful - tiring, but wonderful. I LOVE the teachers I’m working with and I’ve been blessed with some really great conversations and encouraging words spoken into my life by sisters in Christ. We start every morning in the Word as a staff (and it’s NOT a Christian school!) and then we share a word with our students. Its awesome. I’ve never been in a school where anything like this has happened so it’s been really fun for me! This week the school put on a concert/play and I earned a spot as a make-up artist. I loved getting face time with the kids and talking to them outside of my teacher role. (They call me Teacher Sara, and once again my 5th graders informed me that my name means princess so they should call me Teacher Princess. I told them I’d respond to either. :) ) I start teaching grade 7 math on Monday and I’m really pumped to get to know these kids better and speak into their lives.


This week I’ve been battling doubt. Really, it’s something I’ve battled for a while now, but it became really apparent this week. “Lord, I do believe...help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9) has been my cry. I want to pray and NOT doubt that what I’m praying for WILL happen. I’ve been so tempted to think “What if God doesn’t come through? What if I pray for this healing/fear/whatever and it doesn’t happen the way I’m hoping?” Today in church the Lord spoke directly to this. We read through Eph 6:10-18 (one of the arrangement was a complete set of armor made from bamboo and flowers!) The Lord revealed to me that when we’re not in prayer and ready for battle, the enemy gets the victory. Satan wants to make the warriors of Light doubt their God and fear that God may be weak, that the God in whom they trust may not fight for them.


But friends, the God of the Angel Armies fights for us!! Hallelujah! We can TRUST that God is standing with us -Psalm 59 - and that the victory IS the Lords....scripture tells us this over and over! (And I’ve learned that when God really wants us to get something, He doesn’t just say it once. He repeats it throughout His word across both testaments to remind us that HE IS FAITHFUL to be who He says He is!) We have to put on the full armor of the Lord and be ready for battle.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5t4GOYBn8


I have seen God come and stand before my fears and slowly but surely begin to melt them away. I have heard the testimonies of what He is doing here in Worcester. And I want to be a part. I want to fight for the kingdom and be a warrior of light, confident that my God will come through for me. And no matter what, He will get the glory when our hearts are humbled and our minds fixed on Him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment